What is Silhouette InstaLift?
Silhouette InstaLift is a state of the art suspension suture that are made from material that is well known and has been used for more than 30 years in a number of biomedical and pharmaceutical procedures. The sutures utilize a unique dual-action treatment that produces two desirable facial outcomes: an immediate lifting of the tissue in the mid-face area and a gradual regeneration of collagen to add volume without the unwanted challenges of traditional surgery.
How Does Silhouette InstaLift Work?
Suspension sutures are inserted into the skin and adjusted to desired elevation. Then bi-directional cones are placed on the sutures to hold them in place. This method works to reshape the contours of the face, resulting in a more youthful appearance.The lifting effect is immediate and discreet as a result of skin elevation at the time of the procedure. Silhouette InstaLift acts to add volume to the face through stimulation of fibroblast activity in the subcutaneous tissue, and the gradual production of Type I and Type III collagen. in the subcutaneous tissue and stimulates fibroblast activation and the gradual production of Type I and Type III collagen.
The small bi-directional cones on the Silhouette InstaLift™ suture provide fixation points for your elevated skin. Collagen is then formed at the site of the cone which stabilizes the lift and allows it to remain lifted for usually several years. Over the first 3-8 months, the InstaLift is completely metabolized and the material is removed naturally from the tissue, but the new natural collagen formation remains. This action is what helps to restore shapeliness to the face.
What to Expect at Renovus Medical Spa
- After consultation and demonstration of the expected results, the region is cleansed and sterile DRAPES? are applied.
- Small areas are numbed at the sites of entrance and exit of the sutures.
- The suture material is placed into the marked region and then gentle pressure is used to manipulate the skin upwards to achieve a lift.
- The end points of the sutures are cut to retract into the skin and the region is again cleansed.
- Instructions for home care are again given and the patient is sent home.
- The procedure is usually minimally painful and may be sore for a few days after. Occasional bruising can occur lasting several days.
- The results are typically instant with elevation of the skin, reduction of wrinkles in the treatment areas, and a more youthful shape to the face and neck is noted.
- The results typically last several years.