What is Bellafill?
Bellafill is the only dermal filler that stimulates long-term collagen growth to help maintain your youthful appearance for 5 years or longer. Bellafill can be used to correct deep lines and wrinkles, as well as volume loss and certain acne scars.
How Does Bellafill Work?
Bellafill’s tiny, polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) microspheres are suspended within a base of smooth collagen gel. Once injected, the collagen gel initially replaces lost volume in the skin to minimize the appearance of nasolabial folds or acne scarring almost immediately, but over time, it dissolves. Gradually, the body uses the microspheres in Bellafill to create a “scaffold” onto which your own natural collagen can develop. This collagen forms a foundation that adds volume to wrinkles, reducing their appearance and giving you natural-looking results that feel soft and smooth for 5 years or longer.
What to Expect at Renovus Medical Spa
Dr. Clemons is a board-certified dermatologist who has been injecting filler for over 20 years. He has personally used Bellafill for over 10 years, making him one of the most experienced Bellafill injectors in the nation.
- Treatment goals are discussed, and the skin is prepped.
- Specific areas of concern are discussed with the patient to determine a treatment plan.
- A series of small numbing injections are made in select areas to numb sites that will be used to place a blunt cannula into the subcutaneous tissue of the region.
- Small amounts of the material are serially injected into the region being treated.
- The results are instant, but several treatments are usually needed to achieve the long-lasting, natural appearance afforded by Bellafill.
- These treatments can be spread out or quickly repeated depending on the patient’s needs, as the treatments build on each other without needing to start all over again as with other fillers.