What is GlycoAla?
GlycoAla is a unique, cosmetic, light-activated gel that is designed to help reduce and prevent the visible signs of aging. This photo facial is designed to:
- Reduce the look of pore size
- Create the appearance of a softer, plumper skin texture
- Reduce the effects of oiliness
- Diminished appearance of fine lines and damage
- Even discolorations
How Does GlycoAla Work?
The photodynamic ingredient in GlycoAla, encapsulated in a state-of-the-art nanoparticle delivery system known as glycospheres, provides enhanced stability, delivery, and speed of absorption. This topical photosensitizer is then activated by visible light to yield the desired clinical results.
What to Expect at Renovus Medical Spa
- The aesthetician lightly exfoliates the skin to remove the dead cells.
- The GlycoAla light-activated gel is then applied to the skin and left for 40 minutes, during which time the patient will relax in a darkened room.
- The GlycoAla gel is removed and the patient is placed under the red POLY LED light for 20 minutes.
The entire treatment will take between 70-90 minutes. Patients may experience a tingling sensation when placed under the light, but this is typically transient and dependent on the extent of the patient’s sun damage. Patients MUST stay indoors and avoid the sunlight for 48 hours after the treatment.
Patients can expect some redness, accompanied by a mild sunburn sensation. A stronger reaction usually indicates more underlying damage, resulting in more dramatic improvement. GlycoAla is clinically-proven to improve the appearance of skin tone, firmness, texture, and to reduce the appearance of pore size. For optimal results, 3 treatments 4 weeks apart is recommended.